Tuesday 18 December 2012

Two-sided Textured Vase (Glass bottle upcycle)

Two sided vase (from glass bottle)
  
Some of my friends often pull my leg saying "you don't need a bin at home". Well, I wish that was true!

I am overwhelmed by the amount of trash we produce. Hence a conscious effort to make a difference  in little ways that I can. If anything could be reused, upcycled, or recycled, then they simply don't deserve to go into the bin.  Now, this requires a lot of discipline, but isn't the effort worth it. I don't know how far this figure is correct, but something I read - 'recycling one glass jar saves enough energy to watch TV for 3 hours'. .

For the process I used in this vase - I cut the neck of  the glass bottle, I then used air brush technique on one side. For the other side I painted the surface with multiple layers of paint. Using a few used paper pieces I then removed upper layers of paint while the paint is still fresh to create a  textured surface. Not only the  cross-over from one side to the other is seamless but also makes a very appealing vase that can very well be a piece of decor at home.

1 comment:

  1. Nice thought and very nicely u have reused the things.. very appreciable.. Thank you for explaining the process.. I will certainly try this.

    ReplyDelete