Friday 10 February 2012

Recycle, Re-use, Create!


I have always liked the concept of reuse, recycling seemingly useless stuff with a touch of creativity and followed it ever since I can remember. Starting this year I thought the readers should get a chance to peep into that side of me. Hopefully I will put up enough things to keep you interested, and for those of you who are inspired and want to give it a try, I would be delighted to know - please do share it with me here.
Today's post is a very simple one, but useful. K & I moved home a few months ago and were left with a huge pile of boxes and cartons from the move. I said to K, we better make some pieces of decor that matched our walls and also a place to hold stuffs lying around, K liked the idea as much as I did and hence on a cold winter weekend we decorated these boxes and also wrapped a cereal box. While we not only enjoyed the process of having a chit-chat and making them, these boxes also perfectly sit on top of our shoe rack to hold pairs of socks and wrapped cereal box holds newly arrived posts. Thankfully boxes have finally been put to use - A place of everything, and everything in it's place!
If you have some mundane boxes lying around, dont bin them; give it a facelift and help reduce waste and be proud of helping our environment!

No comments:

Post a Comment