Saturday 20 February 2010

Wild flowers

Bunch of three flowers - made from mangalore cucumber seeds and hand painted.

Back in my childhood days, my mom would collect cucumber seeds(mangalore cucumber) for my craft works. Once washed and dried, making these crafty bits are no big deal. I must say this is not anywhere close to the ones I used to make those days. I had dried a few seeds almost two years ago, and most of it got lost during the relocation process. These are few lucky seeds which finally took the shape of these flowers. Taking a look at these flowers now, I get hundreds of ideas how I could have done it better.

I am certainly not very happy with the outcome, but the entire process brought me some of those golden memories of my childhood and made me dwell in that for a while. Miss you mom, I have to prepare the seeds myself ;-(,)

3 comments:

  1. hey....these flowers look really good...quite refreshing thought its made of dried seeds..hehe..... you are really talented!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Shubha :-). Wait for my next next post, to find something I found very creative from seeds.. :-)

    ReplyDelete